It's Fall Carnvial Time!
When I first came to Mililani Baptist Church a little over a year ago I had someone tell me that the Fall Carnival was the one event in the church that everyone joined together to be a part of and help put on. True enough; almost every ministry or group that exists here at MBC was represented in service on the night of the carnival. It was exciting to see so many people come together to pull off such a big event.
As we look toward this year’s carnival, already so many people have signed up to help serve. There are still positions to be filled, but so far the response has been tremendous. If you are interested in serving the night of the carnival, or perhaps at the carnival prep-night the evening before, please sign up in the breezeway. If you are still undecided about being a part of this wonderful event, then let me share with you some of the fantastic benefits that come with this tremendous outreach opportunity:
- We Get To Know Others In Our Church—One of the best ways to get to know others in your church better is to serve alongside them. The Fall Carnival gives you the opportunity to work with people in your church you may not know as well. You might see someone you thought was intimidating, and then see him/her working with kids at the Fall Carnival and think, “Hey, maybe that person isn’t so frightening after all.”
- We Get To Meet New Families That Don’t Attend MBC—The Fall Carnival is an outreach event. It’s a chance for our church family to welcome and show the love of Christ to families that don’t usually go to church. As you see people that evening that you may not know, say hello to them, get to know them, and tell them about some of the ministries available to them here at MBC.
- We Get To Have Fun!—Nothing strengthens fellowship better than serving alongside and having fun with your brothers and sisters in Christ. The Fall Carnival is a time when the child in all of us can come out and have a great time. So come out and have fun with the kids, bounce in the bounce house, and grab some cotton candy while you’re at it.
- We Get To Have Candy—Yes, the candy is for the kids. However, sometimes we can’t help it if a small piece or two or ten accidentally falls into our pockets. Seriously though, the candy is for the kids (wink, wink)!
- We Get To Wear Costumes—Unless you’re a professional wrestler or a superhero, it’s not usually cool to wear a costume out in public. However, the Fall Carnival just so happens to be on Halloween each year, so therefore it’s completely normal for everyone to dress up on that evening.
- We Get to Stick Around and Help Clean Up Afterwards—Staying after to help clean up not only helps to return the church building back to its beautiful self, but it also allows you the chance to spend extra time with your brothers and sisters in Christ, as well as with your pastors. This even gives you the chance to secretly take some leftover candy afterwards.
- Most Importantly...We Get To Reflect The Best Of Who We Are In Christ—The Fall Carnival is one of the best ways that we can show people that God loves them, and that we as a church are here for them. I’m proud of this church body. I’m grateful for the many servants with caring hearts that make up this fellowship of believers. I’m excited for the people of Mililani to see us at our best in Jesus Christ, as we serve our community and give God all the glory for what takes place.