COVID-19 Protocols at MBC
The subsequent guidelines for our services continue to be in effect:
Important: Anyone with a fever or COVID-19 symptoms is required to stay at home and encouraged to consult with a doctor for their safety, and the health of others.
- Contact Information:
- If you attend church services and develop symptoms of COVID-19, and test positive, please contact the office and let us know the following information: 1) When you developed symptoms (if symptomatic); 2) When you were tested; 3) What row you were sitting in (See chart above); 4) How you are feeling, and how we can be praying for you. We have to be able to contact those who may have been "close contacts" in order to stop the potential spread. We will not share your name or personal information. The office number is 808.623.2559.
- Optional Contact Cards - In order to properly notify those who may be exposed, we need to know who was sitting in any given row. Optional contact cards are available to be filled out and submitted, giving us the best method for making contact.
- Social distancing: If needed, we have overflow seating available, both outside in the covered parking stalls, and upstairs (room 209). In the sanctuary, we ask that you leave 2-3 seats between yours and the next 'ohana.
- Face coverings: All congregants over the age of 5 should wear face coverings when inside and/or within 6 feet of others unless advised not to by their doctor.
- Sanitizing: We will continue to sanitize surfaces and "high touch" areas after use. We have set up hand sanitizing stations outside doors and classrooms for your convenience. Between the services, the Sanctuary will be sanitized.
- Offerings: During the offering time, an usher will walk by with the plate for offerings to be dropped in. This replaces the practice of passing the plates for contactless giving. (Online giving is still available; please click here to give online.)
- Singing: We ask that you try to distance yourself from anyone, not in your household as you sing. Feel free to move around as needed to feel more comfortable. As you sing, we ask that you keep your mask over your nose and mouth. If your mask is bothering you, please feel free to step outside to remove your mask.
- We have identical services at 8:00, and 11:00 am (Sanctuary opens 30 minutes before each service). We will continue to live-stream our 11 am service for those who feel more comfortable watching from home. We aim for a 75-minute service each week. Your keiki can be released, with your permission, for Children's Church just before the sermon in the 11 am service only and can be picked up from their classrooms upstairs.
- We want you to know that we are praying for wisdom and discernment for you and your ‘ohana. If you, or anyone in your family, are at risk, we would encourage you to consider worshipping from home a bit longer. We will continue to support and lift you in prayer from wherever you choose to worship.
The above points apply to our regular 6:15 pm services as well. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by emailing Kaleb@mbaptist.org or Dennis@mbaptist.org.